Posted by Sneha on April 2, 2007
These days, almost every morning goes by just browsing other blogsites and drooling at the new recipes I see all the time, thanks to all my forever enthusiastic blogger buddies. Indusladies is one such other site that I am a regular visitor of. I love Mrs. Chitra’s collection of recipes there. She is untiringly inspiring other ladies to try new dishes and improve our cooking skills constantly. Thanks to Mrs. Chitra, I found this easy to make, delicious Mushroom Biriyani. Made it for lunch today, both me and N liked it very much. The recipe goes as follows:
Sliced mushrooms (8 oz pac)
Basmati rice – 1 ½ cups
Onion – 1, sliced
Tomatoes – 3 medium, chopped
Cinnamon – 1 one inch pieces
Cloves – 3 to 4
Small cardamom – 3, crushed
Ghee – 2tbsp
Saffron strands-a pinch
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 3, chopped
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
2 onions sliced & deep fried
1. Wash and soak the rice for 30 mins.
2. Melt 1 spoon of the ghee, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms & saute or 2 mts.
3. Add drained rice & fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add 2 ½ cups of hot water, saffron strands & salt to taste.
5. Cover & cook till almost done.(Grains should be separate)
6. Heat oil, add sliced onion & fry till golden brown.
7. Add tomatoes & all the remaining ingredients.
8. Saute, stirring often till ghee separates.
9. Add mushrooms & fry till cooked.
10. In a baking pan, take half of the prepared rice.
11. On that spread the mushroom gravy & over that the remaining rice, add a spoonful of ghee.
12. Cover with aluminium foil & bake for 15 mts.
Serve with any raitha.