Posted by Sneha on March 15, 2007
Channa Masala needs no introduction in Indian cuisine. Its an all time favorite and a very versatile and easy dish.
Channa – 1 1/2 cups (soaked overnight in water)
Onion – 1 medium
Tomatoes – 2
MDH channa masala – 2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 4 tsp
Salt to taste
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Pressure cook the soaked channa with salt until soft.
2. Heat oil in a kadai and saute onions, when translucent, add chopped tomatoes.
3. Add the channa masala powder and red chilli powder, saute for a few more mins.
4. Add the cooked channa and let boil for 10 more mins, or cook in a pressure pan for 1 more whistle.
5. Remove, garnish with some chopped raw onions, coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
6. Goes well with naan, roti, chapathi, poori – any kind of Indian bread.